Friday, January 13, 2006

Winter is Worse in MI

We just returned to sunny Los Anchorage from an extended holiday trip to Michigan, where we were asked many, many times, "How dark is it in Alaska? Don't you get depressed?"

The answer is, no contest, that Michigan winters are far more depressing than Alaska ones. We were in Michigan for 17 days--and saw the sun exactly twice (and those times were brief). Other than those short burst of blue sky and sunlight, the skies were oppressively overcast, as a heavy gray-white blanket of clouds hung constantly over our heads. It was very, very depressing.

There was more light (longer days, sun more directly overhead) but the longer days made us exhausted. Go figure.

I think I'm concluding that most of what I imagined about living in Alaska was backwards. I do love a place that surprises me!

1 comment:

Robin Edgar said...

Do you love a Guy-In-The-Sky who surprises you too?

It occurs to my *borderline* genius mind that Alaska could be heard to some other *borderline* geniuses as Allah's Soul, as in Allah's Ka. . .

Still looking for a date?

This bud's for U. . .

March 29th, 2006

World Day of Conscience

UUs may be right. Eye may be crazy. . . But I just might be the lunatic UUs are looking for. . . ;-)

Allah prochaine,

The Dagger of Sweet Reason